Updated on: September 19, 2021.
I have been inside my room pretty much since May 7, 2021, with Directive 10 and 15 and finally Directive 16 which is a lockdown. I got to make some changes here to be more realistic.
Of course the first one listed, owning a motorcycle, was met. I had wanted to own one since I was 15 years old.
Owning a motorcycle. – Accomplished in October, 2017. Location: HCMC, Vietnam. This was a dream come true for me.
- Own a Triumph motorcycle. – I love the new Triumph Street Triple 1200 RS. I want this to be in Japan so I can ride through the mountains.
- Getting my Private Pilot’s License. – I started my flight training in 1995 but never finished due to my leaving for the US Peace Corps in 1997. I hope I can start again either in Japan or Malaysia.
- Pilot a small jet like the Cirrus Vision SF50.
- Speak and Read Japanese fluently. – I spoke Japanese as a kid but never really focused back to it when I got older.
- Write a Japanese Light Novel. In the past I would have said I wanted to write a book but I realize that what interests me was Japanese anime stories more. Then I got interested in Light Novels.
- Learn to draw Manga for my Light Novel.
- Move to either Nur Sultan, Kazakhstan; Doha, Qatar; or Dubai, UAE.
- Live in Japan. Plans postponed.
- Open a Vegan Cart. Yes I am not a full vegan but I do eat a majority vegan diet. It could even be a halal and vegan cart.
- Research the entire Matsunaga Clan.
- Find the Kamon for my mother’s Matsunaga family.
- Visit my Kazakh host family in Kazakhstan more often. – I last visited them in May, 2015.
- Visit Mecca and Medina.
- Read Arabic. Possibly even speak it.
- Own an organic garden. – I want to eat my own grown fruits and vegetables in the future.
I am always physically active. Olympic Weightlifting is my favorite sport which I have been doing since 1993. I have been doing some form of weight training since I was 15 years old. The Covid-19 Pandemic and lockdown kept me from the gym.
- Weightlifting: Snatch 100 kg.
- Weightlifting: Clean and Jerk 140 kg.
- Weightlifting: Clean 150 kg.
- Weightlifting: Front Squat 200 kg.
- Do Weightlifting as long as possible. – I love the sport that much.
- Return to Kendo. – My last practice was in 2011. I miss it but I figured I would return once I moved to Japan.
- Practice Arnis.
- Do more nature hikes with friends.
- Swim at least once a week. – After the Marines, I just do not get to the pool often.
- To be able to walk on the sidewalk again. – If you live in Vietnam, you will understand.
- Learn to meditate.