A friend is looking to fill the following position. If interested, please contact me and I will forward your contact information.
Senior Systems Administrator will be the lead systems administrator for Alterian leading all system administration activities in the Pacific Rim. As this position will be the first systems administrator hired in Ho Chi Minh City the individual will also be expected to take on other responsibilities as assigned to “prove the concept” that other tasks can be handled in the Ho Chi Minh City time zone and location such as database administration and Alterian application administration activities.
The Senior Systems Administrator will be required to:
- Independently and remotely provide Tier 1 (account administration, light troubleshooting, etc.) and Tier 2 (more complex support) Windows system administration services for data centers located in Bristol (UK), Denver, Colorado (US) and Sydney (Australia).
- Monitor system availability and respond to and escalate issues as necessary
- Establish and monitor backup and restore jobs in NetBackup
- Monitor, administer and tune multiple SQL Server based application environments
- Assist with documentation of the systems environment as well as defining Standard Operating Procedures
- Work as part of a team designing, developing, testing, documenting and maintaining application databases of Alterian’s leading edge software.
- Remain flexible and define and extend as many Managed Services activities as possible to Ho Chi Minh City
- 5+ years Tier 1 and Tier 2 Windows systems administration experience
- 2+ years experience supporting a multi-terabyte backup environment (preferably using Symantec NetBackup)
- 2+ years experience supporting Internet Information Server and Citrix XenApp applications
- 2+ years experience providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 network and firewall support
- 2+ years experience providing common Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for a SQL Server 2005 or 2008 environment
- Tier 3 Windows support and light engineering experience
Personal Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team distributed around the globe in multiple time zones.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity.
- Strong initiative and judgement to proactively balance between operational tasks and projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Flexible in terms of meeting the demands of a varied and demanding role.
- Self-motivated and able to meet project deadlines.
- Planned/disciplined approach and attention to detail.
- Good influencing and motivational skills with flexibility in style to suit the recipient.
- Available to travel to remote data centers for training and support
Alterian (LSE: ALN) empowers organizations to create relevant, effective and engaging experiences with their audience that help build value and reinforce commitment to their brand, through the use of the Alterian Integrated Marketing Platform. Alterian drives the transformation of marketing and communications, making it practical and cost-effective for companies to orchestrate multichannel engagement with the individual.
Alterian’s unprecedented integration of analytics, content and execution through industry leading tools, such as the Dynamic Messenger email platform, SM2 Social Media Monitoring platform and the award winning Content Management solutions, enables companies to build integrated communication strategies which create a true picture of the individual.