I am posting this for my friend Dat from the Vietnam Book Club. Information below:
Sunday, November 1, 2009
2:00pm – 5:00pm
17 Ngo Thoi Nhiem, D3, HCMC
Episode 1: The first
1. How it works
Move people with your story-telling skills. Here is how it works
- You prepare a 5-min speech in English. It starts with “The first…” Examples are “The first tears came when…” or “The first moment when I was alone..” or “The first dog I had…”
- Practice your speech 100 times
- Send an email to Dat at [email protected] w/ your name and your speech by Oct 28th. I will reply with confirmation. The sooner you email me, the more chance you have of reserving a spot.
- If you are scheduled to speak, show up on time and sign in.
- Stick to 5 minutes. Do NOT go over.
- Winner will be decided by the audience.
2. The prize:
Winner will receive the Twilight Saga Collection (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn) and the title Master Storyteller. All speakers will receive a 10% discount card from USA Books.
3. The requirements:
We don’t care how old you are. We don’t care if you are a local or an expat. Just make sure your speech is in English and under 5 minutes.
Visit the Facebook Life Story page for more information.